Chocolate and Almond Candy Melt and Pour Soap Recipe
12 ounces of Creamy Coconut Soap Base
16 drops Chocolate fragrance oil
4 drops black liquid colorant
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon finely ground almonds
4 cup Pyrex measuring cup
Microwave (or double boiler)
fancy candy shaped molds*
gold foil candy cups*
empty candy box*
1. Slice soap into thin 1/8" strips for quick, easy melting.
2. Place soap into your measuring cups and microwave for approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute on high. The melting time will vary depending on the amount of soap. Remove and stir lightly. Continue to microwave at 15-second intervals until completely melted.
3. Add the cocoa powder, chocolate oil and black coloring.
4. Mix the soap as it cools until it becomes jelly-like. This helps to distribute the ground almonds evenly throughout the soap, rather than sinking to the bottom of the mold.
5. Pour the soap into the fancy candy shaped molds. Do not move the molds until the soap is set. Let the soap cool and harden completely before removing from the mold. The soap will pop out easily when completely set. For a fast set, allow the soap to cool for 1 minute then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until cooled.
6. Once your candy soaps are set, package in gold foil candy cups and place inside empty candy box.
* I get my candy making supplies from Kitchen Krafts. They have foil cups, candy boxes, molds, elastic bows, stickers, and more!
Print Chocolate and Almond Candy Melt and Pour Soap Recipe
We invite you to print the Chocolate and Almond Candy Melt and Pour Soap Recipe to use later or to share with a friend.